Our highly experienced team provides, installs and maintains all the equipment needed to tick Best Western’s statutory and recommended compliance criteria (HSIA Brand Standards – V7 17th Nov 2016).
Specifically we ensure:
- Guests get free technical advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year through our dedicated support line.
- Free 100% wireless coverage in all public and guest rooms. To achieve current minimum signal requirements, we recommend a heat-map survey to identify any areas where there may be signal interference.
- A system that is easily accessed with a single password that guests can be given on registration and that is also available in their room literature. To prevent potential abuse by non-guests, this can be regularly changed.
- Wired connectivity is provided in bedrooms as an alternative option for guests.
- The network and wireless infrastructure is secure.
- A bespoke technical solution that meets Best Western’s bandwidth requirements on every device used by guests (eg mobile phone, laptop, tablet etc). The minimum download speed necessary is currently 5Mbps and the upload speed is 2Mbps.
- Advice on a wireless network name or SSID (Service Set Identifier) that meets Best Western brand guidelines.
- An Internet capacity that is right for the size of the property and complies with Best Western’s minimum ISP speed requirements.
- Meets the terms of the Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Act 2014 by installing a system capable of logging and maintaining information about each Internet user session.
Take a look at some of our recent Best Western case studies below:
Duke of Cornwall Hotel
The Duke of Cornwall was built in 1863 as Plymouth’s first luxury hotel. We’ve been privileged to work with the team there for many years and were delighted to install the Strata guest internet system as an upgrade in 2016. Find out more about how we were able to help. More >>
Lee Wood Hotel
Family owned for the last 58 years, the four star Lee Wood Hotel is situated in the heart of the Peak District. Having worked with the hotel for the last decade, find out how we’ve been able to help. More >>
Set on a clifftop overlooking Newquay’s Tolcarne Beach, the family run Best Western Hotel Bristol has a reputation for exceptional service and glorious sea views. Find out how guests and staff are able to benefit from the Orbiss installed Strata internet system. More >>